Sunday, December 13, 2009

How Embarrassing!

So my lovely sister-in-law Kristen has an amazing gift for writing the most hysterical stories. I was telling her the most embarrassing moment of my life and she said she couldn't wait to read it on my blog. I am going to make an attempt at writing such a story.

Last weekend we had a couples Christmas Party for our neighborhood. I was really excited to go, my mom had all three of my boys (I haven't left Bryson for a night out since he was born.) Neil and I were going to have a great night out!

We enjoyed a lovely evening out with many of our friends. There was excellent food and lots of chatting, it was great! I get really chatty when I get with other adults, since I get so much adult conversation at home. Anyway after dinner, there were about 5 couples, and we were helping put chairs away. Neil was behind me, so I reached back and patted his bum and then leaned back to tell him something. However when I leaned to tell Neil whatever I was going to tell him, to my horror the only thing I could say was "You are not my husband"! I could have died! The poor guy held up his hands and said to his wife ~ I didn't do anything. I think my face turned 20 shades of red while everyone had a good laugh. It was so embarrassing.

Friday when I went to lunch with my parents, my dad came up to me and said, Jodi I heard a funny story about you. He said he heard I was molesting other men at a party. I told him we certainly didn't need to use such harsh words! The guy whose rear end I patted, is married to my dad's cousin. This is certainly one of the most embarrassing moments of my life! It was a good thing I just patted, rather than a full on grab. I have to keep reminding myself it could have been worse!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jodi, that is HILARIOUS!! That would be pretty embarassing, but too funny. I'm sure the guy didn't really mind. ;0) Thanks for sharing a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written Jodi! Thanks for sharing. It made me laugh again.

    ReplyDelete