Thursday, March 4, 2010

My mirable baby is one!

I can't believe one whole year has already past! What a year it has been for my little Bryson. He had such a rough start and yet you would never know it now! Neil and I both kept thinking about the day he was born. Neil came home from work and said one year ago was the most stressful day of his life. It was a pretty stressful day, but for me surgery day was a lot worse. March 3, marked Bryson's 1st anniversary of open heart surgery.

I remember after he was born, he was immediately passed through the window to the NICU. They were trying to get an IV going and all the things they needed to monitor him, he was so strong they had to tie down his hands. That was very sad to me that he was tied down, but at the same time it gave me so much hope! He was already a fighter and he was only minutes old!

I am so grateful for modern medicine and all the things they are able to do! It still amazed me that they were able to repair his heart when it was so small. Our family is so blessed to have this amazing little boy in our lives. He is so much fun, he is such a good and happy baby. He makes me smile each and every day. I love you, Bryson!
The birthday cake!
I love this picture of Dallin he is so amazed that Bryson was able to tear off a piece of wrapping paper! He and Camden were both so excited for Bryson's party!
Dallin helping Bryson, I love that Bryson is looking right at him. They are such good brothers!
Dallin is reading the story to Bryson as Cam looks on! I can't believe these are my three amazing little boys!
One of Bryson's new toys!
Bryson loves to roll the ball back and forth. It is so cute, so Dallin and Camden gave this ball to the little man!
Checking out his cake, of course he reaches right for the candle!
What is on my hand?
Oh, I see, that does taste good!
Bryson was so funny eating his cake. He would take little pieces and put them in his mouth. Neil had to break up his cupcake so he would eat more than the frosting.
Look mom, my hands are messy! I love it!
Another shot of his messy hands.
Double handed bite!
As you can see, Bryson really didn't get messy at all, and he ended up eating most of the cupcake. What a good birthday boy! Even better, he slept all night and even slept until 8:00am! I think I should start feeding him a cupcake every night before bed!
This is the toy Neil and I got for Bryson for his first birthday! Nice slam little man!
It is hard to think of toys we don't already have!

3 comments:

  1. What a little cutie :) He really is sweet! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm so happy that everything went so well and that he is such a strong little guy. You're boys though, man they're going to be heartbreakers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very touching post, Jodi! Thank goodness he's as tough as he is cute! What an amazing milestone to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete