Monday, September 27, 2010

First day of school

I couldn't believe it was already time for school to start. I was not ready for Dallin to be gone to school all day long. He was pretty excited, but I really wasn't. (I was surprised at myself.) Ready or not the day did come! Well the night before school started, Neil gave Dallin a father's blessing. We were going to wait to give one to Camden when his school started, since it was still one week away. Well as soon as Dallin's was over, Camden announced it was his turn, so Neil went ahead and gave him his blessing. Then, as soon as Camden's was over, Bryson walked up to the chair and put his hands up, it was his turn. Neil sat him down and he immediately folded his arms. It was the sweetest thing! How could I be such a lucky mom and have 3 amazing, dang cute and energetic boys! I love it!
Now, Dallin is a picky eater, I can't imagine where he might get it from, he he, but he is picky. So the first day of school they were scheduled to have ham sandwiches. I told him, and he said, what if they don't have the right Mayo. He means, mayo, not miracle whip. He was really worried about lunch, but he didn't want to take cold lunch on the first day. He took the bus to school, but I met him there and walked him to his class. I don't know why I didn't take my camera there, but I didn't. Thankfully Trisha took a picture of him at his desk, but I haven't gotten it from her yet. So after I dropped him off, I had to have a good cry on the way home. I was really worried, he wouldn't like lunch and that he would be starving since he doesn't get home until 3:30. I worried all day, I couldn't wait for 3:30 to come, it was such a long day for me. We all walked down and met him at his bus stop. I asked if they had mayo, he said they didn't even have that they had burritos. How were they, I asked. Not good, their beans were gross. Then I asked if he had chocolate milk, he said yes, but it was gross too, it doesn't taste like mine. I thought I was going to die laughing. He kills me, I told him he needs to use a straw and then it will taste better. He won't listen and every time he has hot lunch, he doesn't get a drink and tells me how thirsty he is at lunch.
Here are Dallin's pictures before school. They always have to do something with their hands.
What a big FIRST grader!




Check out my back pack!

One week later it was Camden's turn to start school. He was very excited the night before and picked out his clothes and had his back pack ready. Then around 7:30 that morning he woke up crying saying he didn't want to go to school. He said he was scared, and he didn't want to go. Dallin tried to help him, and said but you get wear your new school shirt. He looked at him and said, that is not a school shirt, that is a home shirt. Where do they come up with this stuff? I told him not worry about it, he didn't need to go for a while. So he finally got ready, and luckily he goes to preschool with his best bed, Jackson. I followed Sheri to school and they walked in together, that helped him tremendously.

Bryson didn't want to be left out of the picture taking, so here they both are.
See the hand thing? It must be a boy thing!
He thinks he looks "totally wicked". I love it!
Here is Camden's back pack!
I can't believe he is already in Pre-school!
Here he is at his Pre-school. It is called the Little Red Preschool.
Here he is with his friend Jackson.

Yes, I had to cry on the way home after dropping him off as well. I couldn't wait to pick him up either! He said he had a great day. I was very relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment