Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camden turns 5!

For a couple of weeks before Camden's birthday, Neil and I have been telling him we are going to cancel his birthday because we want him to stay 4. He really didn't like the idea too much, but Neil and I thought it was a great idea. We are not ready for Camden to grow up and go to school!



The morning of his birthday he woke up and looked at me and said, mom, don't you have something to say to me. I, of course, busted out with some HAPPY BIRTHDAY singing!!! To which he replied, Mom I am so proud of you for not canceling my birthday! Sweetest thing ever, but then I felt like I was such a bad parent for telling him those things. He didn't really want to wait for Dallin to get home from school, so we gave him one present that morning before Neil went to work.




On Saturday, we had Camden's friend birthday party. He wanted to have a Super Hero Party and he only wanted to invite boys, no girls were allowed. On the day of his party he insisted we make a sign for the door.....

Luckily he said I could still come, because I am his mom! I love this kid, he cracks me up everyday!


Jon, Tanner, Camden, Christian, Tustin, Jackson and Dallin

Jessika made these cute capes for all the boys!


The boys showing us their super hero muscles!


I did a little better job with taking pictures of this party. First we did an obstacle course, and one part they had to jump the tall building. Cam is jumping over!

Pin the bat symbol on Batman.

Then we shot the bad guys that were hung around on the walls.

We played a game similar to the cake walk, the boys walked around on the bad guys and when the music stopped we drew out a bad guy. Whoever was standing on him, they had killed the bad guy. They thought it was great to defeat the bad guys! It was funny.

We did another treasure hunt for their goodie bags, and then onto the pinyata!


After Camden opened each present we took a picture of him with that person. This is Jackson, Camden's "best bud". I love the picture of the two of the two of them.

Camden loved every present he opened, and then he would say to whoever gave it to him, "you get up here"! It was so cute, he had a blast!
Camden requested spider man cupcakes! I think they turned out pretty cute, or I mean cool!

Blowing out the candles!

Then on Sunday it was time for the family birthday party. Camden really lucked out this year, we celebrated his birthday all weekend!

Camden was so excited to open his presents, and he got a lot of Ninja Legos, and he would say, that is just what I wanted. He was so cute!

Big cheeser!

This is the Picture holder Jessika made Camden, she asked him what his

favorite thing is, and he told her robots!

Blowing out the candles, he was very serious about it!


It is so hard to get a picture of Camden actually looking at the camera. He may face you, but his eyes are usually looking somewhere else.

I think Camden had a great 5th birthday. It is really hard for me to believe he is already 5 and will be going to Kindergarten this year. Camden is a very affectionate kid, even in Primary I have to tell him to quit mauling his teacher. Cam loves to play with friends, and loves to play video games. (Not so good, I know.) He likes to play outside and he loves camping and riding four wheelers. He has been riding Dallin's old four wheeler and he is doing pretty good. It scares me though, Cam has no fear. I am so lucky to be the mom of such an amazing little boy. I love you Camden!

No comments:

Post a Comment