Friday, November 11, 2011

Labor Day

I love labor day weekend! My family all decided to head up Logan canyon. I called Josh to see if he would drive up the motor home for me. I was grateful he said yes! I am just not brave enough to drive it, and pull the four wheeler trailer too, YET! Saturday we went for a ride! I am grateful for helpers, I just can't take 3 boys on my four wheeler. I have also learned for "bigger rides" I 0can't take Bryson, which makes me feel bad. I just can't hold him with one hand and steer with the other. I have learned my limits :(

Drink break!
Here are my handsome boys at Old Ephraim's grave. Dallin and Camden were very fascinated with the story, we had to come home and look up some more information on the computer. They were funny, Dallin wanted to dig up his grave and find the bear's bones!
Here is our group! FYI: that would be dust all over our faces! Back row: Josh, Camden, Ernie, Abby, Dallin, Cade. Front row: Jessika, Abby, Cassey, Bryson, and me! My face was filthy!
I am so grateful my boys have awesome uncles! Josh took all the kids fishing, WOW. Here are a few heading out.
What a handsome fisherman, Dallin loves to pose!
The little man
Camden loves to fish, my cousin Phil has taught Camden this saying. After you catch a fish you say, First you kiss 'em on the lips, and then you Bonk them on the head. Every time he sees Phil, or goes fishing he says it, it is pretty funny.
Jessika took these great pictures.
See how many kids he took fishing, what patience! They all loved it and had a blast, well maybe with the exception of Josh.

Camden had recently learned to ride his bike without training wheels. He wanted to take his bike camping. I wasn't sure it was a great idea, since the road isn't even. Tanner worked with him and he did great. He had him stopping on his own, which is something I hadn't taught him yet. I am so grateful for a supportive and helpful family.
Here is bubba, I think he must have eaten some dirt! Seriously even with a dirt filled face, he is still pretty stinkin' cute even if I do say so myself.
Camden just got this toy at McDonalds and it had to ride on his handlebars. He is so funny, he gets attached to things pretty quickly.
Awesome job buddy!
On Monday about lunchtime, I went into the motor home to get something. I heard Bryson start crying, and went running back out. My aunt Connie was holding him, and Trisha said, something is wrong, he didn't get right up. I took him from Connie and looked at his arm. Unfortunately Trisha was right, his arm was bowed. I yelled his arm is crooked, get me a board! My aunt found a stick, and my mom got her first aid kit out. We wrapped it up, I gave him some Ibuprofen and Brett S. drove us down the canyon in Connie's car. Bryson was still crying, but about 10 minutes into the drive, he stopped crying, and then he fell asleep. We arrived at the hospital and I carried him in. He woke up and seemed fine, he was pointing at pictures on the wall asking what they were.
We took him back and the nurse unwrapped his arm, she said well I am not a doctor, but I can see it is broken. After she unwrapped his arm, he started pointing at things with the broken arm asking what it was. She said, if I hadn't seen his arm, I would think it must not be broken since he is moving it around.
We went to x-ray and sure enough both bones in his arm were broken. They put in an IV, which was the only time he cried at the hospital. I can't say that I blame him either, they had it in, and while taping it they pulled it out so she tried to push it back in, and that didn't work, so they had to do it again. This is a picture of his arm, but from my angle you can't really see how bowed it was.
This is after getting his IV. He is so dang tough! They put in an IV, so they could sedate him while they set his arm. I called Neil to let him know what was going on, and he got to the hospital just as they were going to set it.
I was so glad he was out of it when they did that, I can only imagine how bad it would hurt. It was awful just watching them, and even worse hearing the "pop" as they put it back. It was so disgusting. I will never forget that sound, yuck! Here he is when it is all done.
Neil took Bryson and I home, and Brett S. went back up the canyon to get everyone packed up to come home. We were told to see an orthopedic surgeon by the end of the week to have a solid cast put on. The nurse told me that he would be in a lot of pain, and to make sure I keep on top of giving him Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I did that the first night and the next day, but he was acting really good, so I backed off the medicine and gave it to him when he complained about it, which was hardly at all. When I told the doctor that, he said well I guess a broken arm is a piece of cake compared to open heart surgery. He said Bryson probably had a really high pain tolerance.

I am mad at myself because I took a picture of his cute cast, and then I forgot I had done that and deleted all the pictures off of my camera. So I don't have a picture of just his cast. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment