Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sand Dunes

We usually go to the Sand Dunes in October when the kids have their UEA break. The time was fast approaching, and my dad says, Jodi your going to have to drive, but it will be fine, I know you can do it. Talk about panic, I cannot drive a motor home and pull a four-wheeler trailer too! Thankfully my Brother in law Brett, offered to take me out for a driving lesson! He must be a brave soul, and he is incredibly patient, 2 things I would need! He took me out once and we drove around Brigham for a little bit, so I could get the hang of it. It was so incredibly nice of him to do that, and I learned a lot. I didn't pull the trailer, but he would tell me, "now if the trailer was on you would need to take that turn a little bit wider, etc." It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and I even backed it up and parked it! I was pretty proud of myself. Dallin was thrilled, he was cheering me on while I was parking it. He then asked Brett if I did a good job. After Brett said I did, he handed me a piece of paper. It said "Way to go mom, WOW". It was the sweetest thing ever!

Anyway the day was fast approaching, and Brett had school on Thursday night, so we decided Trisha and her family would ride with me, and then sleep in the motor home that night. This way they wouldn't have to miss out on some of the trip and they would be able to help me with the kids while I drove. I was very grateful for the help.

The drive went great! I was terrified to get gas, but we stopped in Tooele and the gas station was empty, it was a piece of cake. (My prayers were answered!) My next fear was driving on the sand. I warned my dad, that I would not be able to do it, he was going to have to park his, and then come back and drive mine in. It was pretty easy as well, I drove it the entire way! I was pretty proud of myself!

Jessika made a bunch of Sugar Cookies for the kids to decorate.


Dallin liked the frosting!
Cam with his creations! He did a great job.
Cade was obviously proud of his cookie too!
Dallin with his cookies, Bryson was taking a nap, so we decorated some for him
Camden took Josh for a ride on his four wheeler, and then he started jumping, so I had to come and watch. His rides can be scary, um I mean fun!
Josh landing after their jump!
I got the pictures out of order, I hate when I do that, but here is the jump!
Bryson is ready to go, who wants a turn?
Camden, me, and Bryson out on the dunes!
Going down the hill!
Dallin's four wheeler was not working right, so we took it into the shop before the trip. The part they needed had to be ordered and it did not get here in time, so we weren't able to bring Dallin's four wheeler. It was a bummer. Camden's four wheeler doesn't go the best out in the dunes, but Dallin was still able to have a good time. He can't wait to back next year, and take his!
It just wouldn't be a trip to the dunes, without catching lizards. I don't, of course, but Bryson was pretty brave and he held one, I wouldn't have help him with it!
Tanner wanted a little lip action....
This is gross I think, they caught a ton of them! When Tanner pulled one out, there were several hooked together. He said, "Barrel of Monkies", it was pretty funny!
There was plenty of playing in the sand as well!




On our last night out, Josh and Jessika went on a ride to get a sunset picture. I was shocked to find out the real reason for the ride, and so was Jess!

So cute! It was a perfect ending to our trip, we had a blast and I can't wait for the wedding!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jodi! Sounds like a fun trip! The lizards in the bucket gave me the heebie-jeebies! So exciting about Josh! Such a cute photo of them when he asked her to marry him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an awesome pic of Josh proposing! I'm way impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put those critters down! Do you know where they have been?

    Great proposal!

    ReplyDelete