Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Heart Check up!

Every year Bryson has to go down to Primary Children's Hospital for his heart check up.  I was thinking when I made the appointment the kids would be back in school but I missed by a day.  The boys stayed home with a babysitter and Neil and I went to his appointment.  I do always worry if they will find something bad, but I really worry if Bryson will hold still enough to get the echo done!  He has to lay pretty still for about 30 to 45 minutes, for a kid as active as him it is quite the undertaking. They have TV's mounted to the wall and he watched a movie.  He does pretty good for the most part, but he does get a little tired of laying still. 

 They had just been to a party for Neil's work and he had his Flexpak tattoo on his arm.  That was a really good tattoo, it lasted for weeks! He loved it.  After the echo comes the EKG, I think he look so little after they get all those "stickers" on him. 
He did a great job on this text too. The best part of the day is hearing the doctor tell me he is doing great and his heart looks great! We asked if he is ok to play sports and such since this coming spring he is old enough to play soccer.  He is cleared for sports! The only sport my doctor worries about is football where he could take a hard hit to the chest.  I think that is just this doctor's worry because other kids with more severe heart problems are cleared for football.  We will take it one day at a time and see what sports this little fighter of mine wants to play.  I don't think there will ever be a day that I won't worry about him, but it sure is nice to hear that is doing great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment